Thoughtful is seeking a generalist full-stack engineer to help us build out elegant software for our clients.
- You have at least 5 years of full time experience as a software engineer where you have held either a full-stack or both front- and back-end positions.
- You are comfortable building both React single page apps and the backend REST or GraphQL APIs that will power them.
- Your primary backend language is either Python or TypeScript and you are experienced with Flask, FastAPI, or Django, or Node + Express.
- You know either SQLAlchemy or Sequelize (almost) by memory. (But we promise to let you use the docs, don't worry :])
- You are comfortable integrating with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP in addition to building able to write elegant Python or TypeScript code.
- You are used to working on teams with Git, CI/CD, unit tests, and code reviews.
- You are deeply familiar with architecture best practices and security considerations.
- You will work with our engineers, designers, and clients to build out elegant full-stack products for our clients.
- You will help us set up CI/CD using tools like Heroku, AWS, and Serverless.
- You are familiar with Docker and comfortable writing Dockerfiles and small bash scripts to build docker images and deploy them to platforms like ECS or Heroku.
We are a 100% remote team.
Thoughtful is a boutique software consultancy founded in New York City and now fully remote. We are not your typical dev shop. We strive to keep an intentionally small and highly experienced team so that we can maintain the highest possible work quality for clients. Our number one priority is client satisfaction by developing superior products. Our motto is to work both smart and hard. While many software agencies focus on churning out a large number of projects and burn out their team quickly, Thoughtful focuses on a small number of high quality contracts and values choosing the best, most productive tools for each project.