Engineer - Lead Full-Stack TypeScript Engineer
Thoughtful is a boutique product studio founded in New York City. We've built and launched products for companies like Teachable, Whisper, and dozens of others. We have a fully remote, async, no-BS work culture with minimal meetings so that the team can focus on what they enjoy - building great products.
Thoughtful is seeking a lead full stack TypeScript engineer to work with our existing part-time team on projects for US based clients. This is a full time contract position that will last at least 3 months and could become permanent for the right person.
- You have at least 5 years of full time experience as a software engineer where you have held either a full-stack or frontend positions.
- You are comfortable building both React single page apps or React Native apps and the backend REST or GraphQL APIs that will power them.
- You have experience with a framework like Next.js, Blitz.js, or Redwood.js.
- You are comfortable integrating with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP in addition to building able to write elegant TypeScript code.
- You are used to working on teams with Git, CI/CD, unit tests, and code reviews.
- You are deeply familiar with architecture best practices and security considerations.
- You have experience leading a team.
- You will work with our engineers, designers, and clients to build out elegant full-stack products for our clients.
- You will help us set up CI/CD using tools like Heroku and Vercel.