Thoughtful is seeking a React Native developer to help us maintain and build out new feature for our clients' cross-platform mobile apps.
- You have at least 1 year of mobile experience and at least 3 years of frontend experience with React.
- You are comfortable building, debugging, and distributing apps using XCode and Android Studio.
- You are familiar with the React Native and mobile ecosystem and always look for the best open source libraries and SaaS tools for every project before you start writing code.
- You have at least one app that you can either share with us or talk in-depth about. We will ask you to talk about the different architecture decisions you made and why you made them.
- You are comfortable with Git and can submit pull requests and navigate merging, conflict resolution, and rebasing on a daily basis.
- You are familiar with REST, GraphQL, and on-device databases like Realm, Firebase, and SQLite.
- You will work with designers, project managers, clients, and engineers to maintain and build out mobile apps for our clients.
- You will be generally available via Slack/email during core business hours and be able to respond to questions within 24 hours (although we respect your time and won't bother you outside of your work hours unless there's an emergency).
- You will be responsible for keeping dependencies up to date and keeping track of new security vulnerabilities for for libraries that we use.
We are a 100% remote team.
Thoughtful is a boutique software consultancy founded in New York City and now fully remote. We are not your typical dev shop. We strive to keep an intentionally small and highly experienced team so that we can maintain the highest possible work quality for clients. Our number one priority is client satisfaction by developing superior products. Our motto is to work both smart and hard. While many software agencies focus on churning out a large number of projects and burn out their team quickly, Thoughtful focuses on a small number of high quality contracts and values choosing the best, most productive tools for each project.