Thoughtful is a boutique product studio founded in New York City. We've built and launched products for companies like Teachable, Whisper, and dozens of others. We have a fully remote, async, no-BS work culture with minimal meetings so that the team can focus on what they enjoy - building great products.
Thoughtful is seeking a React Native developer to help us maintain and build out new feature for our clients' cross-platform mobile apps.
- You have at least 1 year of mobile experience and at least 3 years of frontend experience with React.
- You are comfortable building, debugging, and distributing apps using XCode and Android Studio.
- You are familiar with the React Native and mobile ecosystem and always look for the best open source libraries and SaaS tools for every project before you start writing code.
- You have at least one app that you can either share with us or talk in-depth about. We will ask you to talk about the different architecture decisions you made and why you made them.
- You are comfortable with Git and can submit pull requests and navigate merging, conflict resolution, and rebasing on a daily basis.
- You are familiar with REST, GraphQL, and on-device databases like Realm, Firebase, and SQLite.
- You will work with designers, project managers, clients, and engineers to maintain and build out mobile apps for our clients.
- You will be generally available via Slack/email during core business hours and be able to respond to questions within 24 hours (although we respect your time and won't bother you outside of your work hours unless there's an emergency).
- You will be responsible for keeping dependencies up to date and keeping track of new security vulnerabilities for for libraries that we use.